Galveston NIGHT FISHING SPOT {Maps & Coordinates Provided}

Galveston NIGHT FISHING SPOT

The conditions were horrible for fishing this night. 17 mph sustained south wind with a fog advisory is something you don’t mess around with. But, I wanted to make a “where to fish” at night video for all my beginner kayak fisherman out there. First, I wanted to hit the Galveston Causeway for some night fishing. That didn’t work out as planned,

The best option for this specific night was to fish the Tiki Island Canals in Galveston, TX. A very easy kayak fishing spot for you to take advantage of.

►►► TACKLE USED IN THIS EPISODE◄◄◄

www.biobait.com (use coupon code RXANGLER for a discount at checkout)

►Buy The Same Rods I Use On the Channel

www.old18.com
USE DISCOUNT CODE: RXANGLER20 for 20% off!

►►► FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA ◄◄◄

► GoPro I Use For Filming On Kayak → https://amzn.to/2EjoLlU

► GoPro Batteries → https://amzn.to/2GweQe3

► GoPro Action Hat → https://amzn.to/2X1r6sz

► The Drone I Use → https://amzn.to/2VI64z2

***RX Angler Logo Stickers for sale***
-4 for $8.00
-Email me at texasrxangler@gmail.com to order

►FAN MAIL

RX Angler
P.O. Box 440474
Houston, TX 77244-0474

Do you love the channel and want to help support it?
www.patreon.com/rxangler

#fishing #galvestontx #atnight #speckledtrout #redfish #flounder

1. Charles Gurnea on October 17, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Back then you used to tell people were you were fishing what happen

2. J King111 on October 17, 2021 at 2:26 pm

I used to fish Tiki Island all the time. My friend parents had a house over there up until Hurricane Ike. We caught a lot of fish and had a lot of great weekend there. Thank you for another great video.

3. David LaHaie on October 17, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Great video. Night fishing the lights is such a blast! Bait is pretty small this time of year and I’ve had the best success night fishing with these tiny 2" glow grubs that Joe Moughon (Chicken Boy) makes.

4. Ben Morris on October 17, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Try to Jamaica Beach to and the neighborhood is pretty good

5. 36782 43289 on October 17, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Hi Nick, I drove on Tiki island looking for fishing spots, to no avail. I had considered the place where you caught the trout, but thought better of it. Do you think we are allowed to do bank fishing at that canal head? Not sure if the resident would call the police for trespassing. I don’t know if it constitute trespass if people bank fish there.

6. Fred Quintana on October 17, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Hello RX Angler
    I’ve noticed that you keep your kayaks in storage. Can get a bit expensive over time. I may have to do the same 3 kayaks 🤷‍♂️

7. Ranch King on October 17, 2021 at 2:41 pm

They turn off their lights because they don’t want you there!!!! Very few of those home owners appreciate someone fishing off their back porch.

8. JLD Fishing on October 17, 2021 at 2:41 pm

Have you should try the float a bubble with a live shrimp around the green lights friend was telling me it works pretty well he was telling me the float a bubble rig is less likely to Spook the trout

9. Dasher Mike on October 17, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Didn’t know you could put a kayak in at Fat Boys. Thanks

10. newsomeassoc on October 17, 2021 at 2:42 pm

I lived in Galveston and the area for many years Nick. If you want a couple smokin hot spots, let me know. Secret spots though so you can’t tell a single soul!!

11. Scott hi on October 17, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Hi good to see you
    I’m live in Halifax Canada.
    I’m so Envied you live in US
    In Canada pretty cold every day!
    That’s why Hard to catch fish in Lake or ponds. I never thought that doing fishing at night bro~

12. Arthur Vera on October 17, 2021 at 2:45 pm

I’m sure you know this, but it doesn’t connect Houston to Galveston. There’s like three cities in between Houston and Galveston.

13. SARWAT AHMED on October 17, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Hey bud
    Where is that storage place u have located and whts the rent like for kyaks?

14. Albert Martinez on October 17, 2021 at 2:50 pm

Went yesterday

15. Ace on October 17, 2021 at 2:51 pm

RX man. Them specs are picky and spookish in the green lights. Live Shrimp and I quite cork would’ve caught them big trout you seen. I master in underwater green light fishin.

16. Brian Keenan on October 17, 2021 at 2:51 pm

Pretty cool man & thanks! I wonder if the small gulp white shrimp would’ve worked good there…? Seems to work really well for me when I’m out at louis bait camp marshes.

17. Let’s Sing, Dance and Fish, etc. on October 17, 2021 at 2:55 pm

Thanks for the videos Nick! I enjoyed them a lot.

18. 1morecast on October 17, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Dont yall need navigation lights on those kayaks at night..

19. JLD Fishing on October 17, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Great video Nick thanks for being a Brother’s Keeper and helping other fishermen out

20. Texas Life USA on October 17, 2021 at 3:01 pm

Best time to fish at night in the canal is now. Bait ball of baby shads at the lights. Trouts and red fish are abundant.

21. Saltwater Predator on October 17, 2021 at 3:01 pm

I love night fishing at the causeway

22. JLD Fishing on October 17, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Hey Nick have you thought about doing a crappie fishing video with hook City TV he does some pretty good crappie fishing videos on YouTube maybe y’all should do a video together

23. schlaznger on October 17, 2021 at 3:05 pm

It’s going to sound stupid but have you ever tried crappie marabou jigs for speckled trout at night time on light’s like what you are doing in this video? I have caught more fish doing this than anything else. I always try to find a combo of gold and silver and if the water is even remotely clear you can smoke them doing it.

24. Westmade HTX on October 17, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Do people ever complain about kayaking there in tiki? Asking because I want to try this

25. ROMUALD HENRY on October 17, 2021 at 3:09 pm

TRY USING RAPLA GRASS SHAD MINNOW LURES AT NIGHT AND ALSO TRY FISHING LIGHTS ON DICKINSON BAY IN SAN LEON

26. El Fishonado on October 17, 2021 at 3:11 pm

I’ve been fishing green lights for almost ten years and only dink trout not gator trout like green light only slot reds

27. joseph colunga on October 17, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Match the HATCH next time try some freshwater jigs like the gray shad curly tail 1 1/2 inch

28. David Lewis on October 17, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Canal lights are great unless homeowners turn em off on ya. I throw some really small lures kind of finess fishing . I lived in Bayou Vista 27 years. Fished lights a lot. Set the hook brother

29. leo deleon on October 17, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Good try Nick…
    It happens like that some times. Also, we need to remind our fellow kayakers to be respectful of peoples lights and docks while we’re out there fishing.

30. TheMass33 on October 17, 2021 at 3:16 pm

You should have had the SpongeBob voice guy saying 2 hours later. 😂

31. John Puckett on October 17, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Hey man, next time you do that take live shrimp with you. And you should have a different outcome.

32. Jason on October 17, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Do you not check the weather before going fishing?

33. James L on October 17, 2021 at 3:20 pm

1st…. great info

34. Cruze's Louisiana Outdoors on October 17, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Nice spec buddy! Dude is that a shimano Calais reel? I only ask bc it sounds exactly like mine and I’ve never heard another one make that noise before 😉

35. weirdfish weirdfish on October 17, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Lol they will come and turn their lights off nice vid