Fly Fishing Texas in Summer – Its way too HOT! – McFly Angler episode 103

Fly Fishing Texas in Summer – Its way too HOT! – McFly Angler episode 103

I was able to make it out and fish with Paul for a few hours. We got there very early and fished until it was just too hot. Which was around 12. In fact Paul left around 11, and I continued to fish for another hour until I just couldn’t anymore. The fishing was good, and I was able to get a couple Rio’s and bass, but mostly it was sunfish for me. Which is usual on this river. Seems like I always and getting the sunnies, but rarely get any decent bass.

The rod I used was Risen’s 23PS, and the reel was Risen’s LW. This is one of my favorite combos for the rivers and creeks around me. The whole thing costs only $350 total, which is a great deal for this quality of gear. Go to www.risenfly.com to check this rod out, and their other gear. You won’t be disappointed. Best of all, I can offer you my discount code for your first order. Type in McFly at checkout for an additional 15% off of anything you buy in their shop.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ My Shirts and other Merchandise! ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
T-Shirts/Jackets/Stickers/iphone cases and more: https://teespring.com/stores/mcfly-angler-logo-merchandise

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Follow Me on Social! ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mcflytier/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mcflyangler/

1. haluihh channel on January 12, 2022 at 10:36 pm

nice👍👍

2. Fishigan Milligan on January 12, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Yes sir even on the coast it’s been crazy hot…

3. Rocky Phillips on January 12, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Awesome, im looking to get an 8wt from Risen for my bass flies. We are going to San Antonio in September. Hoping to catch my first Rio too. We don’t have Rios in North texas. Thanks for all you do

4. Andrew Whittaker on January 12, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Pound for pound sunfish are fighters! One of my favorite on a fly rod.❤
    There are nice 8" red ears where I fish and it’s a blast!

5. Killer Fuzz on January 12, 2022 at 10:40 pm

Good job

6. Archie A on January 12, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Where is that river?

7. Samuraichad on January 12, 2022 at 10:52 pm

My Risen Genesis gets delivered today. I’m new to fly fishing and have been using a beginner kit from south bend. I think it’s a fiberglass rod. Anyways I’m upgrading to the genesis and a piscifun sword reel. I’m going to hit some fly fish only trout streams in the fall if I keep getting better at casting.

8. oh yeah! on January 12, 2022 at 10:53 pm

Hold these sunfish along their spines laying them back with your whole hand.

9. River Right Outdoors on January 12, 2022 at 10:54 pm

Very nice outing, those little fish can fight..

10. David Runion on January 12, 2022 at 10:56 pm

Missing that San Juan action about now, I bet. 🥵

11. Weekend Hooker on January 12, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Look up "cat crap" it helps prevent fog on your glasses it’s a brand that works with gun scopes so they don’t fog up but they make some stuff for glasses

12. Jason Gahlinger on January 12, 2022 at 11:00 pm

Can’t seem to find your email? I don’t do Instagram or social media but definitely like to buy some of your micro game changer streamers.

Great channel and thanks for all the help fly fishing.

13. VNH Hobbies on January 12, 2022 at 11:01 pm

I like how at 6:58 theres a fish I think just swimming around at the bottom😂

14. David Leimeister on January 12, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Hey McFly I read something that makes me think your a believer. True?

15. Mr. Robinson on January 12, 2022 at 11:17 pm

Days with record heat are always a great day of fishing if you follow this advice. Get out early when the sky is just beginning to change from midnight black–> midnight blue, poppers work best(white,yellow, black, purple, frogs, gurglers) The fishing will slow down when the sun cracks the horizon. Move into the shade of trees or banks until about 8-9 am. Then it’ll slow way down. Time to head to the house…by 10am, I’m already showered & changed going to the pub for an early lunch…

16. Bob Hammond on January 12, 2022 at 11:18 pm

That was a fine day of fishing and catching!!!!

17. Martin Ramirez on January 12, 2022 at 11:22 pm

Very nice video. Every time I try to target Sun Fish and or Rios I only catch small Guads.

18. Farmer Bob on January 12, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Beautifully clear water and fish were biting. A good day on the water Angler!

19. James Luck on January 12, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Hay I’d take a whole day of plinking around catching sunfish and a tan versus just a tan.
    Great video, nice water.

Also greetings from northeastern Illinois.

20. Marcio Schvinn on January 12, 2022 at 11:30 pm

Ótimas capturas, parabéns !!!!