Fly Fishing New Flies for Big Pike

Tying up some new pike flies and putting them to the test! Fishing unfamiliar water paid off once again. Stay tuned, and I hope you enjoy the video.

20% OFF all fly tying material: https://nomadanglers.com/discount/PEELIN20

Add me on Instagram @peelindrag

Rod: 9′ 8wt Orvis Clearwater (4 piece)
Clearwater

Reel: Ross Evolution LTX 7/8

Fly Line: SA Wavelength Titan Floating

Leader: 4′ 40lb flouro leader / 15″ 35lb knot2kinky wire tippet
Esox Special Leader

Chest cam: Gopro Hero 3+
DSLR: Canon T6I

Spotlights by Niwel https://soundcloud.com/niwel-516897768
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/Spotlights-Niwel
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/jMQ2auDWZO8

1. Noah E on September 14, 2020 at 5:29 am

I wish i could tie flys

2. globby 96 on September 14, 2020 at 5:29 am

nice video dude/ swedish pikefisherman!

3. Yanna Dong on September 14, 2020 at 5:30 am

Nice fish

4. Ryan on September 14, 2020 at 5:31 am

Hey man, first off I love the videos especially catching some toothy buggers on the fly. I’ve been losing tons of chain pickeral to bite offs.. I’m wondering what your set up is (rod wt, line type are you using sink tip?, leader type) although the chain pickeral will still go for much smaller flies I am dying to chuck some big flies to pike soon!
    Thanks man

5. Gusti on September 14, 2020 at 5:36 am

That rod sucks

6. Maik Giese on September 14, 2020 at 5:36 am

nice fly.👍🏻👍🏻
    What a rod, reel and flyline do you use ???

7. MATTHEW VELDERMAN on September 14, 2020 at 5:38 am

what wt fly rod you use? what kinda of flyline?

8. wv.bowhunter on September 14, 2020 at 5:38 am

Hay man I like your fly fishing videos. I seen you catching musky on one video. Was that a orvis 8wt you used? Think of picking one up.

9. mitch stuurs on September 14, 2020 at 5:40 am

what is your discount code for materials at Nomad

10. Austin _Rc on September 14, 2020 at 5:45 am

Nice fly tying and video mang.💯

11. Slayermike Fishing and MORE on September 14, 2020 at 5:46 am

Wow, that was cool to watch, good job!

12. Predator Fishing on September 14, 2020 at 5:46 am

Nice 😉

13. Brent Outdoors on September 14, 2020 at 5:49 am

Hey Josh I have a question can you please send me a material list for all the materials do you used in that fly I’m sorry you are you told me about it on Instagram I just need a list to go in the nomad

14. Noé Millette-Lamoureux on September 14, 2020 at 5:49 am

What weight of rod do you fish pike with?

15. Garrett L. on September 14, 2020 at 5:50 am

TROUT FLY FISHING!!!

16. Rod Belding on September 14, 2020 at 5:52 am

Love your pike videos because they make me reminisce lol. Used to have an awesome pike creek just like the ones in your videos, but a few years ago some local clubs decided to start dumping stocked trout in it, and everyone in the area started fishing it. That’s not even the worst part, all the trout fishermen would accidentally catch the pike that were already in there, and instantly kill them "so they don’t eat the trout." You’d go down there and the shore would be littered with dead pike, literally. So, needless to say, an awesome pike fishery was ruined by stocked trout bums. True story, this is in southwest PA. I’ll never get over this, needed to share the story lol.

17. Animal Bro on September 14, 2020 at 5:52 am

After finishing homework at 11 at night this video made my night! Great way to end the day!

18. Henry Meyer Garvey on September 14, 2020 at 5:53 am

6:53 what’s that blood from?

19. Ho Lee Sheet on September 14, 2020 at 5:55 am

DUDE! That was a Sweet Pike!!!

20. hogbelly Life on September 14, 2020 at 5:56 am

Great looking fly! Looked like the first pike tagged your arm

21. aripenik on September 14, 2020 at 5:57 am

Hello Peelindrag, i really enjoy watching your videos. I was wondering, could you make a video about your set up for pike fly fishing? I think many of us would like to know what kind od fly line, leader, pike wire etc. you are using, what kind of changes you make in different water conditions and so on. Thank you.

22. J Sam on September 14, 2020 at 5:57 am

I bought a fly rod 3 years ago and have fished my whole life with spinning. I guess I should quit being nervous and get myself out there to try something different. Thank you for inspiring your viewers! I’m cleaning the dust off the fly rod case and going for it! God Bless everyone 2019

23. McFisher on September 14, 2020 at 5:57 am

Great video!

24. BAD Fishing BissAnschlagDrill on September 14, 2020 at 5:57 am

Nice fishing video👍🏼nice fly pike🎣 Check out my stuff👀… Greetings from Germany🇩🇪

25. Connor Klevesahl on September 14, 2020 at 6:01 am

Nice vid

26. Mike Chapman on September 14, 2020 at 6:02 am

tat was the best fly tying timelapse ive ever seen!

27. Ahren Wagner on September 14, 2020 at 6:04 am

One thing that I’ve noticed helps me land more pike is when they hit it but don’t get hooked, I just leave it and let it sit for a couple seconds and then do a couple quick strips. Sometimes they hit it just to wound or stun it, so they might also take it when it stops. Keep up the great videos, not nearly enough people are making pike fly fishing videos!

28. Springteen on September 14, 2020 at 6:06 am

What weight is your fly line?

29. Alex C on September 14, 2020 at 6:06 am

Lol my river is the complete opposite tons of smallies rarely find pike

30. Lane Wilharm on September 14, 2020 at 6:06 am

You should try some underwater footage of your flys

31. Steve Mcsweeny on September 14, 2020 at 6:08 am

Nice Pike!

32. ejtullis on September 14, 2020 at 6:10 am

Great video … always wanted to see the fly you use and how to tie them.

33. Ryan Smolinski on September 14, 2020 at 6:11 am

What type of leader do you use for pike on the fly

34. Johnny Lightning on September 14, 2020 at 6:13 am

Nice video. Pike on the fly, does it get any better. BTW that red and white fly you tied is very similar to a red and white hackle fly which Lefty Kreh said was the best small mouth fly ever so no wonder you caught some smallies on it. Keep ’em coming.

35. Online Outdoorsman on September 14, 2020 at 6:14 am

That fat smalljaw was an excellent start! I have started to run into a few random pike and I’m starting to really like them man. They are absolute nutjobs when they attack 🤣 I really like how much you care for the fish you catch. Keep setting a good example for everyone online.

36. John Madert on September 14, 2020 at 6:14 am

Your "tying" has gotten awesome. Renzetti Traveler, good choice. And good thinking about that trailer hook. Yes, ditch it… unnecessary… unless you come upon some King Mackerel.

37. preeng2 on September 14, 2020 at 6:14 am

Really like the way you have come along with your big fly tying. Great job!

38. Daniel on September 14, 2020 at 6:15 am

Great channel, and great videos! I trust that you have watched Niklas Bauer from Vision Fly Dressing and his videos. Great stuff, and a lot to learn and reflect on. Don’t forget that big river pike stand in the deepest holes.
    Cheers from Sweden, the land of big pike.

39. Vissen bij de waterkant on September 14, 2020 at 6:15 am

Great pike attacks on your homemade fly!
    That was a big pike 45 inch!

40. Roar Petersen on September 14, 2020 at 6:16 am

Awesome video. Subscribed!

41. Emmett Mitchell on September 14, 2020 at 6:17 am

sick

42. THE GHOST on September 14, 2020 at 6:18 am

Just a question are pike more rare most places because where I am theres so many they have a death penalty now where I am because they are so overpopulated

43. Tom Crawford on September 14, 2020 at 6:19 am

Do you ever use the rolly polly retrieve (tuck the rod under your arm and retrieve with two hands, rolling one hand over the other)

44. Nigel Evans on September 14, 2020 at 6:21 am

Hello, great film, anything on the fly is the best way to go, keep doing what you like, always good 😁🎣

45. Jake Pulcher on September 14, 2020 at 6:21 am

Sweet video! Love the tying in the beginning.

46. George Swift on September 14, 2020 at 6:23 am

Super happy to see someone handling pike correctly! Mean fish but they’re fragile. Glad to see them all returned safe

47. The River Fish on September 14, 2020 at 6:24 am

Nice video, Ive never even considered using my fly rod for pike. You have inspired me to try.

48. Fish Lips on September 14, 2020 at 6:24 am

Doesn’t josh live in Michigan????

49. NFLK Fishing on September 14, 2020 at 6:25 am

Amazing video, nice to see the whole process

50. PureClean Exterior Cleaning on September 14, 2020 at 6:27 am

What trace do you use to avoid being snapped off by their teeth.
    I’m a fly fisher but fish for carp in the uk but gonna have a go for the local pike..
    Seen some nice ones lurking just waiting to be caught.