Dark Cloud 2 Glitch – Using Anything as Fishing Bait + Side Effects

WARNING! This glitch is capable of permanent softlocks and corrupting save files. I would strongly recommend making backup copies of your saves first if you want to try these.

Wow, fishing is broken. Here’s a game breaking glitch that lets you use anything you want as fishing bait. While it doesn’t let you catch anything, it also has several side effects including deleting stats from items, allowing you to discard anything, gift capsules making wrenches, the Wrench Fish, permanently locking menus, making the Ridepod unusable, multiple ways to softlock the game, forcing Max to wield a fishing rod, game crashes with escape powder, corrupting text colors, and as said in the warning above, it can even corrupt SAVE FILES. This really reminds me of Dark Cloud 1’s glitch menu because of how damaging it can be.

Update: It’s actually possible to catch fish with a lure on the fishing rod, but putting bait on the lure rod doesn’t work. Also, the escape powder crash happens when the music going to be played when the rod gets unequipped is not “Peace of the World” while certain models are on screen in the item menu. When the escape powder is used, the song that’s going to play gets loaded into a memory section that determines how the on screen model is displayed, but it overwrites it before the item menu fully fades out, and for one frame, the on screen model is corrupted, which crashes the game.

1. Garrettp375 on September 16, 2020 at 5:37 am

I really love how in this game, instead of fixing anything (Dunno if they could’ve but I’d assume they can) they instead advertise name change glitch as a trophy, something about that is just really funny to me.

2. Eight, a Supreme Number on September 16, 2020 at 5:41 am

nice vid once again
    so simple to perform, too.

3. PJammas on September 16, 2020 at 5:43 am

Great video! I really appreciate how much effort you put into your videos!
    also the little "game over" at the end was really funny.

4. Raybrandt on September 16, 2020 at 5:43 am

LOL Love the game over edit at the end. Great stuff as always!

5. mariosonicfan2010 on September 16, 2020 at 5:46 am

It’s pretty interesting how things are tied to actually having the physical item in your inventory. You’d think it’d just be tied to a flag that gets set after you do something, and that the item is just for show.

6. Thomas Aragorn on September 16, 2020 at 5:48 am

Ah, the delicious Wrench Fish. You know, these are considered a delicacy in some countries.

7. Sean Wilson on September 16, 2020 at 5:49 am

Can we have a fishing rod with bait on it be used as bait? If we had multiple fishing rods at our disposal, could we daisy-chain the fishing rods with fishing rods with fishing rods with fishing rods…?

8. Rayzo on September 16, 2020 at 5:50 am

I don’t have dark cloud 2 yet ;(

9. Bumper3241 on September 16, 2020 at 5:50 am

So, I found a little bug in Gundorada. Next to the East teleporter, there’s an invisible duplicate a little bit to the left of the real one. it still functions and collides like the regular East Teleporter, it’s just invisible.

10. MisterTracks on September 16, 2020 at 5:52 am

Great stuff 🙂

11. D MAS on September 16, 2020 at 5:57 am

recently got into dark cloud 1 & 2 again forgot how fun these games are even if they’re flawed

really like your presentation btw good stuff

12. LutherTheDewott on September 16, 2020 at 5:58 am

36:26 wait what, how did you get a game over?

My only guess is that you switched to Ridepod while Max had 0 HP without Monica being in your party? .w.;

13. Gummin on September 16, 2020 at 6:00 am

A 40 minute pokemonfan4000 video, what did we do to deserve this?

14. Bumper3241 on September 16, 2020 at 6:02 am

I have a suggestion. Is there a way to equip weapons on the wrong character? Like giving Monica a wrench, or givng the Steve a sword?

15. Krystal Kastle on September 16, 2020 at 6:04 am

I just noticed that Maximilian’s name is misspelled in the inventory screen.

16. Bumper3241 on September 16, 2020 at 6:05 am

Sorry to comment multiple times, but can we have a green screen or something for the game over screen at the end? I have some funny uses I’d use that for

Edit: Nevermind, I made it myself. https://youtu.be/ixUjus_E43E

17. Parzival Wolfram on September 16, 2020 at 6:20 am

what about the save issue on PCSX2 or PS2?

18. trashkats on September 16, 2020 at 6:21 am

28:16 dude ive been wondering what this glitch was for the longest time when it happened to me out of nowhere years ago. I was in zelmite mine and maybe i messed with the fishing rod, i can’t really recall since it was about a decade ago. But when i exited the menu this exact thing happened and i reset the game bc i didnt want my game to break lol. Finally some explanation on the glitch, thank u

19. Lockirby2 on September 16, 2020 at 6:23 am

inb4 DK2 in 20 minutes.

20. Tyler Sharples on September 16, 2020 at 6:29 am

Well done! 4000 subscribers!

21. D MAS on September 16, 2020 at 6:34 am

funny enough this video is corrupted for me right now, and by that i mean not funny because i searched for this specific vid and it took me a while

and i have no goddamn clue why